We know how difficult it can be to deal with a broken iPhone, which is why we offer iPhone repair. Whether you need LCD repair or screen repair, we know we can take on the challenge. Come see the best at Ace Communications today and contact us to learn more about our services.
iPhone XS Max
iPhone is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. The iPhone line of products use Apple’s iOS mobile operating system software. The first-generation iPhone was released on June 29, 2007, and multiple new hardware iterations with new iOS releases have been released since.
We are West Michigan’s leader in iPhone and Apple repairs. If you are in the market for a new iPhone, or looking to get one fixed, let us know today.
Apple introduced the iPhone to the world in 2007 and it was an instant hit. Before we knew it, iPhones morphed into a family including over a dozen models with an ever growing number of features.
Although the technology made significant advances with each new generation, they are still fragile and prone to damage, wear and tear.
The reality is, random failures, spills and drops occur every day. Even if your iPhone hasn’t run into an accident, it might stop working due to daily use. Sometimes, you need iPhone screen repair.
Although we repair pretty much anything on an iPhone, one of the most common issues that we see is a broken screen. We’ve got some good news for you if you are staring at a shattered screen and feeling heartbroken.
- It doesn’t have to take days or even weeks to get your screen up and running.
- It isn’t necessary to interrupt your work life and daily responsibility.
- If you choose, you can have your iPhone screen fixed on your terms.
What Should I Do After My Screen Has Shattered?
If you’ve got a shattered screen on your hands after a fall, put safety first. You’ve got sharp broken glass to deal with so ensure you safely handle your phone. If your screen is completely busted, wrap a piece of clear packing tape over the screen before you bring it in for repair.
If you have spilled water on your iPhone screen – timing is everything. Turn off your iPhone ASAP and immediately bring it to a shop so that they can attempt to repair your screen.
Which Part is Shattered? The Glass or the LCD?
Your iPhone is made up of three parts:
- The glass, which sits on top of the LCD
- The digitizer, which is responsible for the touch function on your phone, which rests in the middle
- The LCD, which is at the bottom.
All iPhone screen repair requires technicians to replace the entire display. However, if your LCD still works, it can be used again, even if the glass is broken. That means you’re in luck, you’re looking at a less costly repair,
How Do I Know if Just the Glass is Damaged, or if the LCD is Damaged?
You’re likely looking at a broken LCD if:
- Your iPhone is not responding to touch.
- The screen remains dim.
- You see a mish-mash of colors when you touch the screen.
The glass itself may only be damaged if:
- The glass display is shattered but you can still see your iPhone screen.
- You can use your screen normally.
- There isn’t a mish-mash of colors.
Is There Anything I Can Do On My Own?
You might use screen polish for light scratches, but these products won’t be much help when it comes to repairing broken screens. You may have heard myths like tape, toothpaste or vaseline might help – but don’t believe the hype, this may damage your iPhone screen even further.
If you are very tech savvy and want to take a crack at fixing your own phone, be sure to purchase only very high quality materials. You will need a top-notch screen replacement and you’re going to have to order a tech kit which will likely take several days to arrive.
If you are completely sure you know what you’re doing, remember that a first time screen repair done on your own will probably take hours of frustration, and you are risking permanent damage to your iPhone.
Where Can I Find the Best iPhone Screen Repair Near Me?
If you’ve chosen to bring your iPhone to a third party repair shop, remember that your iPhone was an investment and you’ve probably got it set up just the way you like it – you don’t want to waste time setting everything up all over again and re-downloading your favorite apps.
Bearing this in mind, you’ll probably agree that finding the best iPhone screen repair store is critical. To do this:
- Check online reviews. If you can get a referral from a friend you trust, all the better.
- Look for a shop that offers a warranty. This means that your iPhone screen repair store will make the effort to perform excellent repairs and use the highest quality parts.
- Take a visit to the store or give the shop a call to ask the repair technicians questions about the repair process. Remember that you deserve good customer service in addition to great repairs.
- Look into repair turnaround time of the shop you are considering. Remember – third party shops compete with Apple by performing quicker repairs. This is a definite advantage.
- Apple erases phone data before performing iPhone screen repair, but third party shops don’t have to. This can be pretty convenient, but it’s also a compelling reason to choose the best shop if you don’t have time to backup your data. It will be in the hands of your iPhone screen repair technician.
How Can I Prevent Needing iPhone Screen Repair in the Future?
If you’ve dealt with the frustration of a broken iPhone screen, we’re sure you would like to avoid this annoyance in the future. That’s why we suggest protecting your investment with an iPhone screen case.
This will ensure your phone is protected, reducing the chance that you do damage to your screen. You might also consider a screen protector, a thin piece of plastic that can protect the screen from scratches or dings. For best results, go ahead and use both.
We’d love for you to put our techs to the test when it comes to your iPhone screen repair. Let us show you what we can do, so we can become your go-to iPhone repair shop. Give us a call, reach out online or visit our shop today.